Cigna Return to Work and Achilles
Teaming up to help you get back to work and live your best life
We know that helping you return to work, when possible, is only one step in helping you live your best life. Rebuilding your confidence, self-esteem and mental and physical stamina is just as important.
Through our unique partnership with Achilles International, we’re happy to bring you new tools and resources to help you get healthier and happier and be at your personal best.
And when you participate in our Achilles program, you’ll have the chance to run, walk, or roll alongside an inspiring group of disabled athletes competing around the globe. People like you who know that with a positive attitude, and a helpful support team behind you, no challenge is too great.
Get Healthy. Get Happy. GO YOU.
The way we see it, when you’re feeling healthy – mind and body – you have the strength and confidence to be 100% you.
To help you get up, get out and move, use one of the three different levels of exercise programs, along with a series of exercise videos that encourages you to get moving.
Click on a link below to download the exercise program flyer that is right for you.
- Get up, Get out, Get moving: Training program to Jump Start Your Health
- Get Healthier One Step at a Time: Training program for a 5k
- Take it to the Next Level: Training program for a Half Marathon
Click on a title below to open your free fitness videos.
Videos will open in a new window.
- All videos (35:36)
- Before you begin (2:30)
- Dynamic warm-up routine (3.07)
- Squats and other routines (2:56)
- Upper body routine (4:50)
- Lower body routine (2:19)
- Wall row routine (3:31)
- Quadruped pointer routine (3:31)
- Bridge, leg lifts and roll downs (4:32)
- Incline and floor plank routines (2:16)
- Calf and toe raise routines (2:28)
- Stretching exercises (3:45)
Download a booklet on properly performing these exercises.
Upcoming Races and Events
Cigna and Achilles will join runners from across the nation in races throughout 2013-2014.
- Pittsburgh Marathon, May 5, 2013
- Hope & Possibilities 5K - New York, June 30, 2013
- Philadelphia Marathon, November 16, 2013
- Dallas Marathon/Mayor's Race, December 8, 2013
- Disney Marathon, January 2014
Cigna & Achilles
We team up to help people with disabilities return to work and return to their full potential.
This global non-profit group uses athletics to help people with disabilities get their lives back on track.
See what Cigna does every day to help customers achieve their best health and live their best lives.
Read about how gaming devices can boost exercise and raise money to fight cancer.