Cigna Ethics & Governance
When people join the Cigna team, they learn five values that define our standards and describe our expectations. Three of these values make a direct connection with our strong ethics and corporate governance. They are:
We act with integrity. We demonstrate courage. We are committed to excellence.
Integrity helps drive everything we do. We pledge to honor:
- Integrity in protecting Cigna's reputation and goodwill
- Integrity in the marketplace
- Integrity in the public sector
- Integrity as a socially responsible corporate citizen
- Integrity in the workplace
While integrity helps us understand what is right, often it takes courage to actually do what is right. When a Cigna employee, in good faith, reports Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct concerns, or participates in an investigation of these matters, they will not be subject to retaliation. Any Cigna employee who engages in retaliation is subject to disciplinary action up to, and including, termination.
By following our Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct, we will meet or goal of delivering excellence to our clients and customers, with every decision, every day.
Clear and consistent governance standards are fundamental in today’s complex business world. Key elements of our corporate governance framework include:
- An independent board and board leadership
- Transparency and communication with shareholders and stakeholders
- Robust risk management oversight
- Strong governance practices and controls around executive compensation.
Ethics and strong corporate governance, guide us to do what is right for our current and prospective business partners, our customers and our investors.