Fundamental to our mission, to help improve the health, well-being and sense of security of those we serve, is promoting the personal and family health of our customers through wellness programs. We understand that people are unique, and so is their health. Everyone has individual health needs and defines healthy lifestyles on their own terms.
Cigna Way to Health ensures that every customer has access to information they can understand, services they can use and a path to results that lead to healthier lives.
Personal Interaction Our focus is on quality interactions with everyone whose lives we touch. At Cigna, the health of every customer is important. To support healthier people, we rely on four key benchmarks:
- Outstanding clinical outcomes
- Superior accreditation results
- High satisfaction with case management
- Complete health and wellness programs
We have launched several new wellness programs to support our “one-on-one” approach to better health. These programs identify ways to improve health before disease or complications occur and make it easier for customers to gauge the quality and cost of care by helping them get information about doctors and other health professionals.
- Your personal Health Assessment Tool provides individualized, online coaching that includes suggestions on physical activity, nutrition, sleep and stress reduction.
- Cigna Well-Informed Program identifies potential gaps or omissions in care in 120 different categories related to personal health, then communicates that information to individuals and their physicians
- Care Connections transforms the conventional online provider directory into a comprehensive health decision support experience, including complete cost-of-care information
- Shape Up Cigna! encourages Cigna employees and their families to take up regular, healthy physical activity and nutrition practices