- Easy-to-use health benefits
Governments are relied on to make things happen, so we help you ensure every employee can perform at their full potential. We believe people can be more productive when they are healthy. Our path to wellness for governments includes:
- Quality network of doctors and providers. It’s easy for Cigna customers to choose a health care professional with the Cigna Care Network Designation.
- Award-winning1 shop and compare tools on myCigna.com. We help people find what they need to be healthy and save money—on the go or at home through our customer website. myCigna.com helps take the guesswork out health benefits and spending. Employees can find a doctor, review procedure costs in advance, access account information, check claims and balances and more.
- 24/7 live customer service. Around-the-clock customer care service means being there whenever you need us. Cigna was the first national carrier to offer live 24/7-customer service.
- Better health care systems. We're making health care better and more efficient with more than 50 collaborative accountable care programs. Our programs with doctors, hospitals and clinics are helping us improve outcomes and costs for customers:
- $336 Average Annual Savings per customer2
- 10% Better Gaps in Care Closure Rate3
- 7% Lower avoidable ER visits4
- One account team. A team including a client manager, client engagement manager, implementation manager, client service executive and health promotion manager dedicated to guiding your wellness strategy—all specializing in government needs.
- Clear communications. Our communications are easy-to-understand—and we've won awards5 for our clear explanation of benefits.
- Onsite health. Cigna also provides access to onsite health and wellness for state and local governments. Simple, no cost screenings help to make your employees aware of their health risks through biometric screenings, flu clinics and wellness coaching where you work.
- Options to save big
Cigna offers consumer-driven health insurance plans—Cigna Choice Fund® HSA/HRA plans and a flexible spending account option. Clients who choose our consumer-directed health plans have medical costs that are 13% lower during the first year than traditional plans6. Costs were 20% lower for HSA customers, and 11% lower for HRA participants.
These plans can offer big savings to clients without shifting costs to customers. With HSA plans, employees contribute 75% more to their accounts than they spend.
- Combine plans and save even more
Our plans improve health while reducing expenses—3% on annual medical costs7. We'll help you experience a lower medical cost trend, year after year. Bundle medical plans with pharmacy, disability, behavioral, senior/retirees, dental or vision and save more. Combining benefits can help increase your plan's health metrics and savings.
Get on the pathway to better health and lower costs—up to 40% of employees will move to lower risk with Better Health. Guaranteed.®—in just 12 months8.
- Diverse suppliers
Cigna has been working with many well-recognized suppliers for more than 40 years. We are a member of the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC), the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) and the Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA).