Improving Health and Productivity for Large Employers*
Cigna is dedicated to helping you experience savings and a lift in productivity. Our tailored solutions for large employers are designed to manage health care costs and improve employee health and wellness.
That’s why each experience with Cigna is personalized. Your employees are not a number to us. When employees are informed and motivated, they can take charge of their health care—costs and decisions. What’s better than being at their best every day?
Cigna makes it a priority to understand each person’s expectations. We reach customers when it is convenient for them. Cigna also designs tools based on what people want, and we keep testing our strategies to find out what works best.
Read on to learn more about Cigna’s focus on health and well-being and improving health and lowering costs.
Health and wellness solutions
Our health and wellness solutions are designed to boost health and productivity and lower costs. Our programs target the factors that increase health risk to help doctors and hospitals target the most effective care. We offer:
- Health coaches. Cigna health coaches reach out to patients to make sure they understand their care.
- Access to onsite health services. Cigna helps identify health risks and general employee health population factors.
- Informed care. Our HealthEview® desktop portal gives dedicated Cigna staff—and health care professionals—better understanding of an employee’s health. When all available health data can be reviewed and discussed, it helps us provide better service to your covered employees. We want them to understand and act on dependable information.
- Smarter health care decisions. Cigna develops relationships with health care providers with a goal of improving outcomes and adhering to evidence-based methods. Through Cigna Care Designation, customers have the information to make more informed care decisions with our online cost-efficiency and quality designations.
- Stronger patient-doctor relationships. Streamlined business processes and helpful information helps doctors and providers spend more time focusing on patient care.
- Cigna Collaborative Care. Our initiatives foster relationships with providers and hospitals and are designed to achieve quality, affordability and employee satisfaction.
Integrate benefits for improved care
Cigna’s full suite of products and services are designed to provide better outcomes and increased savings. By bundling products and integrating data, we can help close gaps in care. Our data applies rules-based analytics that customize results specific to the patient’s wants and needs. Applying this strategy, a pharmacist from Cigna’s CoachRx program and a Cigna medical health coach share data through our HealthEView portal. They are able to discuss an employee’s condition with the most up-to-date information.
Our metrics show that integrated benefits can improve heath and productivity, and make it easier for employees to take control of their health.
- Short-term disability (STD). Clients with Cigna disability, medical and pharmacy benefits versus those with standalone plans had a 10% reduction in STD durations1.
- Pharmacy. Customers with both Cigna medical and pharmacy are more likely to avoid hospitalizations and other health care costs than customers who use a separate stand-alone pharmacy plan. Customers with both Cigna medical and pharmacy have a 6% higher closure rate of evidence-based gaps in care2.
Innovation for improved performance
Cigna’s pilot programs continue to test what can make health care work better. Our innovative accountable care initiatives—some of the industry’s first—are collaborations with hospitals and others. We have been building on both the principles of the Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) and the Accountable Care Organization (ACO) programs since 2008. Cigna:
- Aligns health care planning
- Leverages existing programs and processes
- Uses Specific, Measurable, Actionable, Responsive and Time Bound (SMART) analysis to determine if, how and when to scale initiatives
Our digital ecosystem considers where customer inputs are coming from and supports them in real-time—based on their choices. Cigna sends reminders, relevant information, recommendations and alerts. We can help you keep employees informed and motivated with many tools, including gaming technology, and rewards for achieving goals.
Relationships for better health care
We focus on fostering health care relationships that are designed to improve outcomes, make people healthier and more productive and drive down the costs of care. Cigna collaborates with doctors and health care providers that achieve better quality, cost-effective care and patient satisfaction.
*Large employers have more than 5,000 employees.
1Cigna analysis, 2012 - 56.3 days vs. 62.1 days.
2Cigna National Segment book of business studies compared integrated (medical and pharmacy) versus pharmacy benefit carve out (medical only), March 2013.
Easy-to-use Cigna group health insurance plans and engaging wellness solutions offer support around the clock – 24/7/365.
Cigna's network and service designs help you tailor plans to your needs.
For employees working outside the U.S., we offer health products and services, market expertise and 24/7/365 service across the globe.
Cigna provides large employers with more than 5,000 employees health care solutions that are designed to lower costs and improve health with access to quality care.
Get the basics to stay informed on reform.