Your company has unique needs and resources. To help you and your employees make the best health decisions, our goal is to offer straightforward information that makes it easy to understand your small business health insurance plan and benefits.
We know you need simple and predictable—you need to know what you owe and you need to pay as you go.
We know employees want to rely on Cigna to answer their important questions—they need to access Cigna anytime, anywhere and have their claims processed quickly.
Our small business* health insurance plans come with big service. Cigna is dedicated to making it as simple as possible to understand benefits, health care and health finances. We offer:
- A large, national network. Cigna’s network includes more than 850,000 health care professionals and 110,000 facilities nationwide.1 Our network can provide employees with discounts on health care costs and access to quality care.
- Easy administration. Review and manage your eligibility, monthly invoices and other financial reports online.
- Experts to rely on. Our implementation, client services and account management experts answer administrative questions.
- Quick claims payment. Most claims—93.8%—are paid within 14 days and 98.2% are paid within 30 days of receipt2.
Getting the right information at the right time is key to helping employees make the best decisions for their unique health and wellness needs. Our customer service associates work closely with people to answer important questions—at any time. We are available to answer calls 24/7, 365 days a year, so when employees have questions on their plan, benefits or a claim, we are there to help them understand their options.
The secure myCigna.com website supports employees by giving them the tools they need to make informed decisions about their health and health spending. They have convenient access to:
- Find a doctor
- Research symptoms and treatments
- Compare costs of care
- View their explanation of benefits
- Compare pharmacy options**
Employees also have access in the palm of their hands—anytime, anywhere with the myCigna mobile app for smartphones.
Fast claims processing is important to employee satisfaction. According to the American Medical Association’s 2012 National Health Insurer Report Card, Cigna’s response time of seven days for first-time claims payment came in a close second.3
Making plans easy to manage
We can tell you more about how our approach to health and wellness can work for your small business. Contact your local Cigna sales representative for more information and a small business health insurance quote.
Already a Cigna client? Go to our Cigna Client Resource Portal for more information.
*Cigna offers group health insurance coverage to employers with 51 - 250 employees, as well as administrative services for self-funded plans to employers with as few as 25 employees in most states.
** Actual features may vary by plan.
1 As of August 2013. Subject to change.
2 Cigna Employer and Member Services, Service Operations metrics, 2012
This information is not intended for residents of New Mexico.