The Health Education Department at Cigna Medical Group has a wide variety of classes or seminars than can be presented at your place of business. Topics range from "Healing with Humor" to "End of Life Issues." And not necessarily in that particular order. Classes are presented by Registered Dietitians, Certified Diabetes Educators and Certified Health Education Specialists, and may require a fee or minimum number of participants.
If you are an employer, contact your Cigna Medical Group Client Service Specialist.
If you are an individual, contact your Employee Benefits department.
Classes or presentations include:
- Weight to Go. An 8-week weight loss program based on the 2005 Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- Eating Healthy When you have Diabetes
- Diabetes Preview An introduction to the basics of managing your diabetes
- Put your Heart into It
- Managing your Weight for Life
- Calories In and Calories Out: Can you tip the balance in your favor with exercise?
- Eating Well in Times of Stress
- Not Enough Time to Eat Healthy? Beat the clock with time-saving healthy eating tips
- Portion Distortion: Do you know how food portions have changed in 20 years? An interactive seminar from the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute Obesity
- Healthy eating for a healthy pregnancy
- Pre-Diabetes Today will become Diabetes Tomorrow
- Step-up-to-the-plate: Use your healthy eating game plan wherever you dine
Group nutrition education is available for help managing diabetes and heart failure, managing weight or simply healthier living. Locations and costs vary. To receive more information about group nutrition classes, call 623.876.2355.