Cigna offers flexible plans and health benefit options, including:
- Preferred provider organization (PPO)- complete freedom of choice when selecting doctors
- Open Access Plus (OAP)- a plan that offers choice and the option to select a primary care physician to help guide care
- LocalPlus - a plan that offers higher discounts at select doctors and hospitals
- Point of service (POS)- offers features similar to a HMO plan with an out-of-network option
- Health maintenance organization (HMO)- offers lower health premiums when compared to traditional plans and a wide selection of network doctors and hospitals
- Behavioral health- includes integrated and standalone Member Assistance Programs (MAP), Mental Health & Substance Abuse networks and care management services
- Dental PPO and HMO- employer-sponsored and voluntary dental PPO (DPPO) and dental HMO (DHMO*) services
- Voluntary and supplemental insurance services- help supplement sponsored plans with coverage such as life, accidental death and dismemberment, disability income and other available services
- Group life, accident and disability- includes term life insurance, term accidental death and dismemberment insurance (AD&D) and short- and long-term disability management (STD & LTD)
To learn more, view our complete list of Cigna plans and services.
Medical plan funding options
We help meet the unique financial needs of trust funds by offering funding options, such as:
- Specific and aggregate stop loss insurance protection
- Minimum premium insurance plans
- Pooled and participating insurance plans
Cigna's Shared AdministrationSM lets qualified Funds, Federal plans and Third Party Administrators pay their own claims using Cigna's network, care support and web tools. Shared AdministrationSM is available for medical and dental plans.
*The term "DHMO" is used to refer to product designs that can vary by state, including but not limited to, prepaid plans, managed care plans, and plans with open access features.