Join the Cigna Health Network
We welcome your interest in the Cigna health care network and look forward to your application to become a participating doctor in our network.
If you are interested in joining the Cigna medical network, call 1.800.88Cigna (882.4462) and take the Credentialing option. A representative will assist you and will send you the information necessary to initiate the application and credentialing process. We will ask you to submit additional forms and credentials, including:
- Current medical license
- Current drug enforcement agency (DEA) and CDS certificates (if required)
- Clinical privileges at a Cigna-participating hospital
- Board certification status
- Medical training history
- Malpractice insurance and claims history
For the status on where you are in the credentialing process please call the above phone number or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the Healthcare Professionals, name and Tax Identification Number.
Cigna Behavioral Health
Learn how to join the Cigna Behavioral Health provider network.
Cigna strives to make improvements to our enrollment process to reduce the time it takes to process your contract. We recently began offering electronic contracting to non-participating medical and behavioral health physicians and small practices who want a first-time standard contract with Cigna.
These physicians can use a secure website to complete and sign documents using EchoSignTM eSignature solution, which allows Cigna to provide a convenient, online audit trail that is safe, private and secure, and meets compliance and legal requirements.
The Cigna eSignature program saves not only time, but also paper and cost by removing the traditional printing and mailing, or faxing steps from the contracting process.
If you are interested in joining the Cigna dental network, call 1.800.Cigna24 (244.6224) or 1.800.280.9622. A representative will assist you and can initiate the online application process for you. You can also send an email with your name, office name and office address to DentistEnrollment@cigna.com
Once you complete the online application, we will ask you to send additional forms and credentials, including:
- W-9 form
- Current dental license
- Current drug enforcement agency (DEA) certificate (not required for orthodontists)
- Certificate of specialty training (if applicable)
- Current professional liability policy declarations page
Cigna's e-onboarding tool allows you to complete, sign and submit all required documents electronically, including required credentials to participate in the Cigna dental network. This helps your dental practice by eliminating the manual paper process and processing your information more quickly. To learn more, e-mail DentistEnrollment@cigna.com , or call 1.800.Cigna24 (244.6224).
If you are interested in joining the Cigna pharmacy network, complete the Pharmacy Credentialing Application. We will also ask you to include copies of the following documents with your completed application:
- Description (one to two paragraphs) of the primary and ancillary services offered to the community and types of prescription drugs regularly stocked in the pharmacy
- Current state pharmacy operating license
- Current drug enforcement agency (DEA) license certificate of specialty training (if applicable)
- Current pharmacy (not pharmacist) malpractice liability insurance policy certificate
Mail the completed application and requested content to:
Cigna Pharmacy Network Operations
Attn: Network Support Administrator, B5PHR
900 Cottage Grove Rd
Hartford, CT 06152
Once we verify and approve your credentialing information, you will receive notification within 60 days of the date of the decision. You may receive it earlier, if required by state law. If denied, you will be notified by mail.
Note: Recredentialing is required every three years in most states.