How to Submit Claims to Cigna
Cigna strongly encourages you to submit claims electronically, including Coordination of Benefits (COB) claims. There are two easy ways to submit electronic claims to Cigna:
Direct Electronic Claim Submission
Submit electronic claims directly to Cigna using the Post-n-Track® web service. This free, easy to use option is available through Post-n-Track® for sending HIPAA standard ANSI 837 claim files.
Advantages of the Post-n-Track® web service:
- Free electronic claims submission for healthcare professional and facilities
- No set up, transmission or support fee
- Quick and easy online enrollment
- Provides easy to read confirmation, rejection and status reports
- ANSI 835 electronic remittance advice is available free of charge
- One easy connection for all Cigna claims
Enroll now at www.Post-N-Track.com/Cigna .
Electronic Claim Filing Through a Clearinghouse
If you prefer to have a third party submit your claims to Cigna, you can still enjoy all the benefits of electronic filing, including:
- Streamlined billing, helping to reduce paperwork
- Faster claim delivery than traditional mail
- Improved feedback/correction capability for claims with missing or invalid data
- One address for all Cigna claims
- Confirmation that your claims were received by Cigna
Contact one of these clearinghouses to electronically submit claims to Cigna:
The vendors below submit claims to Cigna using the Post-n-Track web service or through a clearinghouse listed above. If you currently submit 100% of your claims to Cigna on paper and agree to convert to electronic claims submission, you may be eligible to:
- Submit claims electronically for free via MD On-Line and qualify for special offers on all payer solutions, or
- Obtain free claims submission services from Office Ally.
Contact MD On-Line or Office Ally for more information:
|EDI Vendor||Telephone Number||Website|
We strongly encourage you to submit claims electronically through a clearinghouse or web service to save time and money; however, if you need to file a paper claim, use one of these forms:
Tips for paper claim submission:
- After completing the appropriate form, mail it to the address shown on the back of your patient's ID card.
- Use machine-printed forms whenever possible. Use black ink if you need to handwrite information.
- Include the patient's ID number on all claim attachments and correspondence.
5010 transaction standards
Read important information about what is changing for 5010.
It's easy to become a participating health care professional in Cigna’s broad national network. Learn how to join.
Our health plans are designed to motivate patients to use health care professionals in our network. Learn more about the benefits of Cigna.
Contact us to learn more about becoming part of the Cigna network.
Cigna works with doctors and other health care professionals to understand health care reform and how it might affect them.