Cigna strongly encourages you to submit claims electronically, including Coordination of Benefits (COB) claims. There are two easy ways to submit electronic claims to Cigna:
Direct Electronic Claim Submission
Submit electronic claims directly to Cigna using the Post-n-Track® web service. This free, easy to use option is available through Post-n-Track® for sending HIPAA standard ANSI 837 claim files.
Advantages of the Post-n-Track® web service:
- Free electronic claims submission for healthcare professional and facilities
- No set up, transmission or support fee
- Quick and easy online enrollment
- Provides easy to read confirmation, rejection and status reports
- ANSI 835 electronic remittance advice is available free of charge
- One easy connection for all Cigna claims
Enroll now at www.Post-N-Track.com/Cigna.
Electronic Claim Filing Through a Clearinghouse
If you prefer to have a third party submit your claims to Cigna, you can still enjoy all the benefits of electronic filing, including:
- Streamlined billing, helping to reduce paperwork
- Faster claim delivery than traditional mail
- Improved feedback/correction capability for claims with missing or invalid data
- One address for all Cigna claims
- Confirmation that your claims were received by Cigna
Contact one of these clearinghouses to electronically submit claims to Cigna:
The vendors below submit claims to Cigna using the Post-n-Track web service or through a clearinghouse listed above. If you currently submit 100% of your claims to Cigna on paper and agree to convert to electronic claims submission, you may be eligible to:
- Submit claims electronically for free via MD On-Line and qualify for special offers on all payer solutions, or
- Obtain free claims submission services from Office Ally.
Contact MD On-Line or Office Ally for more information:
|EDI Vendor||Telephone Number||Website|
We strongly encourage you to submit claims electronically through a clearinghouse or web service to save time and money; however, if you need to file a paper claim, use one of these forms:
Tips for paper claim submission:
- After completing the appropriate form, mail it to the address shown on the back of your patient's ID card.
- Use machine-printed forms whenever possible. Use black ink if you need to handwrite information.
- Include the patient's ID number on all claim attachments and correspondence.
5010 transaction standards
Read important information about what is changing for 5010.