How to Submit Claims to Cigna
Submitting claims to Cigna electronically is an easy way to lower costs, increase accuracy and get paid faster.
Claim Submission Process and Options
Automate your claims process and save
Filing paper claims is time-consuming and tedious for your staff. Submitting claims (including Coordination of Benefits (COB) claims) to Cigna electronically has big benefits for your practice, including:
- Lower operational costs
- Fewer rejections and resbumissions
- Real-time transmission of claims
- Faster responses and payment
Two electronic claim options
Using Cigna Payer ID 62308, there are two easy ways to submit claims:
- Direct electronic claim submission through the Post-n-Track® web service
- Electronic claim filing through a clearinghouse
- No set up, transmission or support fee
- Quick and easy online enrollment
- Provides easy to read confirmation, rejection and status reports
- One easy connection for all Cigna claims
Use this free, easy-to-use option to send HIPAA standard ANSI 837 claim files to Cigna. Advantages of this web service include:
Using a claims
If you prefer to have a third party submit your claims to Cigna, you can still enjoy all the benefits of electronic filing. Contact one of the following clearinghouses to electronically submit claims to Cigna.
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Vendors
The following vendors will submit claims to Cigna using the Post-n-Track web service or through a clearinghouse listed above. If you currently submit 100% of your claims to Cigna on paper and agree to convert to electronic claims submission, you may be eligible to:
- Submit claims electronically for free via MD On-Line and qualify for special offers on all payer solutions, or
- Obtain free claims submission services from Office Ally.
Paper Claims Filing
Although we strongly encourage electronic filing, you can still send us paper claims. We will electronically scan, sort and store your paper claims to reduce manual keying errors and improve response time.
Please follow these guidelines when completing and submitting paper claims:
||Tips for paper claim submission: