The quality of care and services is a key component in the satisfaction of our members and in the partnership with our dentists. Through our credentialing process and Cigna Dental Quality Management Program, we collaborate with our dentists to ensure quality of care and services.
The critical elements of the Quality Management Program include:
- initial credentialing;
- accessibility monitoring;
- health promotion and preventive care;
- network dentist performance monitoring;
- quality measurement studies;
- complaint and grievance review;
- member satisfaction surveys;
- setting administrative standards for accuracy and response;
- reporting results and implementing corrective actions;
- periodic onsite assessments of dental facilities (routinely performed for Cigna Dental Care and as needed for Cigna Dental PPO); and
- educational feedback to offices by network management and dental directors.