Gas-Producing Foods and Drinks
The amount of gas that different foods cause varies from person to
person. Examples of gas-producing foods are:
- Peas, lentils, and beans of all
- Vegetables, such as artichokes, asparagus, broccoli,
brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumbers, green peppers, onions, peas,
radishes, and raw potatoes.
- Fruits, such as apricots, bananas,
melons, peaches, pears, prunes, and raw apples.
- Wheat and wheat
- Carbonated drinks, fruit drinks, beer, and
- Fried and fatty foods.
- Sugar and sugar
- Milk and other dairy products in people who have
lactose, the main sugar found in
- Packaged foods that contain lactose, such as breads, cereal,
and salad dressing.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine|
|Last Revised||July 12, 2011|