Decision Points for Medicines
Decision Points are designed to guide you through key health decisions, combining medical information with your personal information to make a wise health decision. Click on a link below to learn more about medicines for your condition:
- Acne: Should I Take Isotretinoin for Severe Acne?
- ADHD: Should My Child Take Medicine for ADHD?
- Allergies: Should I Take Allergy Shots?
- Allergies: Should I Take Shots for Insect Sting Allergies?
- Alzheimer's Disease: Should I Take Medicines?
- Aspirin: Should I Take Daily Aspirin to Prevent a Heart Attack or Stroke?
- Atrial Fibrillation: Should I Take an Anticoagulant to Prevent Stroke?
- Atrial Fibrillation: Which Anticoagulant Should I Take To Prevent Stroke?
- Bed-Wetting: Should I Do Something About My Child's Bed-Wetting?
- Breast Cancer: Should I Have Chemotherapy for Early-Stage Breast Cancer?
- Bronchitis: Should I Take Antibiotics?
- Depression: Should I Stop Taking My Antidepressant?
- Depression: Should I Take an Antidepressant?
- Depression: Should I Take Antidepressants While I'm Pregnant?
- Depression: Should My Child Take Medicine to Treat Depression?
- Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding: Should I Use Hormone Therapy?
- Ear Infection: Should I Give My Child Antibiotics?
- Ear Problems: Should My Child Be Treated for Fluid Buildup in the Middle Ear?
- Endometriosis: Should I Use Hormone Therapy?
- Enlarged Prostate: Should I Take Medicine?
- Erection Problems: Should I Take Medicine?
- Erection Problems: Should I Try Injection Treatments?
- Flu Vaccines: Should I Get a Flu Vaccine?
- Flu: Should I Take Antiviral Medicine?
- GERD: Which Treatment Should I Use?
- Hair Loss: Should I Take Medicine to Regrow Hair?
- Headaches: Should I Take Medicine to Prevent Migraines?
- Headaches: Should I Take Prescription Medicine for Tension Headaches?
- Hepatitis B: Should I Take Antiviral Medicine for Chronic Hepatitis B?
- Hepatitis C: Should I Take Antiviral Medicine?
- High Blood Pressure: Should I Take Medicine?
- High Cholesterol: Should I Take Statins?
- HIV: Should I Start Taking Antiretroviral Medicines for HIV Infection?
- HPV: Should I Get the Vaccine?
- HPV: Should My Child Get the Vaccine?
- Hyperthyroidism: Should I Use Antithyroid Medicine or Radioactive Iodine?
- Hysterectomy and Oophorectomy: Should I Use Estrogen Replacement Therapy (ERT)?
- Infertility: Should I Have Treatment?
- Insomnia: Should I Take Sleeping Pills?
- Menopause: Should I Use Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)?
- Miscarriage: Should I Have Treatment to Complete a Miscarriage?
- Multiple Sclerosis: Should I Start Taking Medicines for MS?
- Nail Infection: Should I Take Antifungal Pills?
- Obesity: Should I Take Weight-Loss Medicine?
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: Should I Take Medicine for OCD?
- Osteoporosis: Should I Take Bisphosphonate Medicines?
- Panic Disorder: Should I Take Medicine?
- PMS: Should I Try an SSRI Medicine for My Symptoms?
- Pregnancy: Should I Have an Epidural During Childbirth?
- Prostate Cancer: Should I Have Radiation or Surgery for Localized Prostate Cancer?
- Quitting Smoking: Should I Use Medicine?
- Shingles: Should I Get a Shot to Prevent Shingles?
- Sinusitis: Should I Take Antibiotics?
- Sore Throat: Should I Take Antibiotics?
- Type 2 Diabetes: Should I Take Insulin?
- Uterine Fibroids: Should I Use GnRH-a Therapy?
- Vaginal Yeast Infection: Should I Treat It Myself?
- Warts: Should I Treat Warts?
- Weight Management: Should I Use Over-the-Counter Diet Aids?
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Kathleen Romito, MD - Family Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Brian D. O'Brien, MD - Internal Medicine|
|Last Revised||February 9, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: February 9, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Kathleen Romito, MD - Family Medicine|
Brian D. O'Brien, MD - Internal Medicine
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
This information is for educational purposes only and is unrelated to health plan benefits or coverage. Services addressed may not be covered under your health plan. If you have questions about your coverage, please refer to your benefit plan document or call the number on the back of your health plan membership ID card.