Good health requires a positive attitude. It's up to you to decide to make the most of things when you are faced with health challenges. This attitude—a good-health mind-set—doesn't just happen. It takes work, every day.
The following tips will help you enjoy a "good-health attitude":1
- Focus on your abilities instead of your disabilities.
- Focus on your strengths instead of your weaknesses.
- Break down activities into small tasks that you can manage.
- Incorporate fitness and nutrition into your daily routines.
- Develop methods to minimize and manage stress.
- Balance rest with activity.
- Develop a support system of family, friends, and health professionals.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Kathleen Romito, MD - Family Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Lisa S. Weinstock, MD - Psychiatry|
|Last Revised||January 11, 2013|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: January 11, 2013|
|Medical Review:||Kathleen Romito, MD - Family Medicine|
Lisa S. Weinstock, MD - Psychiatry
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
This information is for educational purposes only and is unrelated to health plan benefits or coverage. Services addressed may not be covered under your health plan. If you have questions about your coverage, please refer to your benefit plan document or call the number on the back of your health plan membership ID card.