Teen Substance Abuse: Signs at School
If your teen is using alcohol or other drugs, he or she may have difficulties at school. The following are some questions to ask yourself if you suspect substance use is interfering with your teen's education:
- Has your teen skipped classes or missed school without your knowledge?
- Has your teen forged your name for class or school passes?
- Is your teen sleeping during class?
- Is your teen having trouble with his or her teachers?
- Is your teen spending less time studying and more time with friends?
- Is your teen less motivated to do school projects?
- Are your teen's grades dropping?
- Has your teen been expelled or suspended from school?
- Is your teen talking about quitting school?
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Patrice Burgess, MD - Family Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Peter Monti, PhD - Alcohol and Addiction|
|Last Revised||July 20, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: July 20, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Patrice Burgess, MD - Family Medicine|
Peter Monti, PhD - Alcohol and Addiction
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.