Tips for Picking the Right Activities
- Ask yourself questions to discover your physical activity likes and dislikes.
- Pick an activity that you enjoy or think you might enjoy. You're more likely to keep doing something you like.
- Be sure you have the correct safety gear and good shoes for physical activity.
- Learn about fitness machines you may use (such as a treadmill or a stair-climber). See these tips for buying equipment.
- Learn the proper way to do your activity. And be aware of safety concerns.
To find out how many calories you burn during various activities, use this Interactive Tool: How Many Calories Did You Burn?
|Primary Medical Reviewer||E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Heather Chambliss, PhD - Exercise Science|
|Last Revised||October 25, 2011|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: October 25, 2011|
|Medical Review:||E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine|
Heather Chambliss, PhD - Exercise Science
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
This information is for educational purposes only and is unrelated to health plan benefits or coverage. Services addressed may not be covered under your health plan. If you have questions about your coverage, please refer to your benefit plan document or call the number on the back of your health plan membership ID card.