Avoiding Insects That Can Cause Allergic Reactions
You may be able to avoid exposure to insects that cause
- Wear white clothing, which is less likely to
- Do not use scented soaps, perfumes, makeup, or suntan
lotions when you are outdoors.
- Keep skin covered as much as you
can. Wear shoes rather than sandals.
- Keep trash cans clean and
- Stay away from trees that are ripe with
- Close car windows.
- When you can, have someone
else do the yard work.
- Move slowly and calmly to get away from
insects that might bite or sting you. Reduce sudden movement.
not swat at bugs or swing your arms.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine|
|Last Revised||April 29, 2011|