Discovering your fitness preferences and attitudes
Choosing the right fitness activities is a
key to a successful fitness program. Answering these questions can help.
- Do you prefer being active by yourself or with
- Do you enjoy being outdoors when possible, or do you prefer
the security, reliability, and consistency of an indoor fitness
- Do you prefer activities that involve some contact
(racquetball, soccer, basketball) or no contact?
- Do you prefer
competition with others, with yourself, or no competition at
- Do you prefer activities that also involve some mental
challenge or strategy, or do you prefer not to have to think or concentrate
while being active?
- Does your body function best in the morning,
midday, or evening?
- With your current schedule, which part of the
day will work best for fitting in physical activity?
- How much money
are you willing to spend on gear or other expenses related to an
- Are you interested in taking classes or getting
instruction to learn a new activity?
- Do you prefer "everyday"
activities such as gardening to more structured activities?
- Are you
willing to go to an exercise facility, such as a gym, or do you prefer exercise
you do at home?
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Adam Husney, MD - Family Medicine|
|Last Revised||August 19, 2012|