Do not do the knee-to-chest exercise if it causes or increases back
or leg pain.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and your
feet flat on the floor.
- Bring one knee to your chest, keeping the
other foot flat on the floor (or the other leg straight, whichever feels better
on your lower back). Keep your lower back pressed to the floor. Hold for at
least 15 to 30 seconds.
- Relax and lower the knee to the starting
position. Repeat with the other leg.
- Repeat 2 to 4 times with each
- To get more stretch, put your other leg flat on the floor
while pulling your knee to your chest.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Joan Rigg, PT, OCS - Physical Therapy|
|Last Revised||February 15, 2012|