Medical History and Physical Exam for Scoliosis
A medical history for
scoliosis includes gathering information about:
- Age at first menstrual
- Family history of scoliosis.
- General health
- The presence of heart or urinary tract problems at
- Past severe illnesses, operations, or injuries.
A physical exam to diagnose scoliosis
- Visually examining the back in several positions
(such as standing straight and bending over).
- Checking for
birthmarks or other skin problems.
- Examining the function of the
brain and spinal cord and muscle strength.
- Measuring height and
- Measuring leg lengths.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||John Pope, MD - Pediatrics|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Robert B. Keller, MD - Orthopedics|
|Last Revised||July 21, 2011|