Medical History for Cancers of the Female Reproductive System
Your medical history will be considered in your treatment for cancer.
Your doctor will ask you questions about:
- Any vaginal infections you have had and how those
infections were treated.
- Any abnormal
Pap tests you have had.
- Your family
history of breast, ovarian, or other cancers.
- Other symptoms you
may have, such as:
- Abnormal discharge from your
- Irregular menstrual
cycles or bleeding after sex.
- Sores in your genital area or anywhere
else on your body.
- Urinary problems, including frequent urination,
burning or stinging with urination, or urinating in small
- Pain in your lower abdomen or pelvic area.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Anne C. Poinier, MD - Internal Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Ross Berkowitz, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|Last Revised||August 1, 2012|