- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Abuse: Signs of Abuse-Related Injuries
- Any injury cannot be explained or does not match the explanation.
- Repeated injuries occur.
- Explanations change for how the injury happened.
You may be able to prevent further injuries by reporting abuse. Seek help if:
- You suspect child abuse or elder abuse. Call your local child or adult protective agency, police, or a health professional, such as a doctor, nurse, or counselor.
- You or someone you know is a victim of intimate partner violence (IPV).
- You have trouble controlling your anger with a child or other person in your care. Resources are available for help.
- Elbow Injuries
- Knee Problems and Injuries
- Leg Injuries
- Shoulder Problems and Injuries
- Toe, Foot, and Ankle Injuries
|Primary Medical Reviewer||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine|
|Last Revised||October 13, 2011|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: October 13, 2011|
|Medical Review:||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.