- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
ADHD: Taking Care of Yourself When Your Child Has ADHD
Being a parent of a child with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is full of challenges and frustrations. This can lead to exhaustion. Taking good physical and emotional care of yourself will help provide you with needed energy.
- Schedule time for yourself. Proper diet, exercise, rest, and leisure activities are important to include in your routine. Use a calendar, planner, or organizer to ensure you set aside time for yourself.
- Find out whether there is a support group in your area for parents of children with ADHD. If there is no group in your area, talk to your doctor about starting one or finding another related group that can help you.
- Talk with your doctor or another health professional if you think you may be depressed or are having other emotional difficulties.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Adam Husney, MD - Family Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Louis Pellegrino, MD - Developmental Pediatrics|
|Last Revised||February 2, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: February 2, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Adam Husney, MD - Family Medicine|
Louis Pellegrino, MD - Developmental Pediatrics
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.