- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Age-Related Foot Changes
Normal changes occur in your feet as you age.
- Feet tend to spread, possibly causing shoe size to change. Have your feet measured each time you buy shoes. Do not assume that your shoe size has not changed.
- The bottoms of the feet lose the fatty pads (especially the heel pad) that cushion the feet.
- Skin becomes thinner and less elastic and may get injured or infected more easily.
- Ligaments and tendons lose their ability to stretch normally (elasticity).
- Nails tend to get thick and brittle.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine|
|Last Revised||October 1, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: October 1, 2012|
|Medical Review:||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.