- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Al-Anon is a long-standing self-help organization for family members and friends of people who have alcohol and drug use problems. Al-Anon is based on the steps and principles of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA).
The message of Al-Anon for family members is that:
- You are valuable and need to take care of yourself.
- You are not responsible for the person who is using alcohol or drugs.
- You shouldn't make threats that you don't intend to keep.
For more information about Al-Anon, see the Other Places to Get Help section of the topic Alcohol Abuse and Dependence.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Peter Monti, PhD - Alcohol and Addiction|
|Last Revised||January 18, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: January 18, 2012|
|Medical Review:||E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine|
Peter Monti, PhD - Alcohol and Addiction
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.