- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Bell's Palsy: Conditions With Similar Symptoms
Other conditions that can cause symptoms that are similar to those of Bell's palsy include:
- Head injury.
- Ear infection or disease (acute or chronic otitis media, malignant otitis externa, or cholesteatoma).
- Brain tumor.
- Shingles (Ramsay Hunt syndrome).
- Infectious diseases such as chickenpox, mumps, mononucleosis, Lyme disease, HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), or syphilis.
- Other diseases such as giant cell arteritis, Guillain-Barré syndrome, or sarcoidosis.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Anne C. Poinier, MD - Internal Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Colin Chalk, MD, CM, FRCPC - Neurology|
|Last Revised||July 20, 2011|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: July 20, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Anne C. Poinier, MD - Internal Medicine|
Colin Chalk, MD, CM, FRCPC - Neurology
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.