- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Benefits of Quitting Alcohol or Drugs
Treatment can help you stop using alcohol or drugs. When you free yourself from alcohol or drugs, you can focus on your relationships, work, health, and other things that are important to you.
Quitting alcohol or drug use may make it easier to care for your family, keep a job, pay the rent, and buy things you need, like clothes and food.
Other positive changes can happen too. You may:
- Have better health.
- Make new friends that aren't involved with drugs or alcohol.
- Have fewer symptoms of mental health problems.
- Improve your relationships with friends and family.
- Be less likely to be around dangerous people or situations.
- Find other interests and ways to spend your time.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Peter Monti, PhD - Alcohol and Addiction|
|Last Revised||January 18, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: January 18, 2012|
|Medical Review:||E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine|
Peter Monti, PhD - Alcohol and Addiction
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.