- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Bonding With Your Baby
You can help create and strengthen the emotional bond with your baby by:
- Making frequent eye contact, such as during feeding times. Young babies love to look at your face and eyes. Cuddling your baby in the crook of your arm is about the perfect distance for your baby to see you well.
- Smiling, talking, nodding, and singing to your baby.
- Responding promptly to crying. Your baby will learn to trust that when he or she is in need, you will consistently come to give comfort.
- Gently rocking your baby, using a soft, soothing voice.
Babies develop a strong emotional attachment to parents who consistently provide loving, interactive attention and comfort. This emotional bond is critical for your baby so that he or she has a strong foundation on which to build positive relationships in the future.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Susan C. Kim, MD - Pediatrics|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Louis Pellegrino, MD - Developmental Pediatrics|
|Last Revised||October 7, 2011|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: October 7, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Susan C. Kim, MD - Pediatrics|
Louis Pellegrino, MD - Developmental Pediatrics
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.