- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Breast-Feeding After a C-Section
- Ask whether your baby can be brought into the recovery room to be held and breast-fed.
- Ask your nurse or other health professionals to help you position the baby in ways that are comfortable for you. The football hold or the side-lying position may be most comfortable after cesarean delivery, because the baby does not rest on your abdomen. See pictures of the side-lying position and the football hold.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Sarah Marshall, MD - Family Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Kirtly Jones, MD, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|Last Revised||April 14, 2011|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: April 14, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Sarah Marshall, MD - Family Medicine|
Kirtly Jones, MD, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.