- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
CAGE Questionnaire for Alcohol Problems
The CAGE questionnaire consists of four questions that relate to your use of alcohol:1
- Have you ever felt that you ought to Cut down on your drinking?
- Do you get Annoyed by criticism of your drinking?
- Do you ever feel Guilty about your drinking?
- Do you ever take an Early-morning drink (eye-opener) to get the day started or to get rid of a hangover ("a little hair of the dog that bit you")?
If you answer "yes," "sometimes," or "often" to 2 or more of the questions, you might have a problem with alcohol. If you think you or someone you care about has an alcohol use problem, talk with a health professional. Further evaluation by a trained alcohol abuse counselor might be needed.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Lisa S. Weinstock, MD - Psychiatry|
|Last Revised||July 11, 2011|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: July 11, 2011|
|Medical Review:||E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine|
Lisa S. Weinstock, MD - Psychiatry
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.