- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Activities to Limit
Activities that may increase your risk for carpal tunnel syndrome include:
- Repetitive motions.
- Continuous use of the hands and fingers, as when knitting or doing needlepoint with the wrist bent (flexed)
- Frequent bending or twisting of the wrist, as when using a screwdriver
- Repeated squeezing or gripping with the hand, as when using a spray bottle
- Moving the fingers while the wrist is bent inward or flexed, as when playing musical instruments or typing
- Use of vibrating tools such as sanders.
- Use of a cane, wheelchair, or crutches, or doing certain sports (such as long-distance cycling) that require continuous forceful grasping with the wrist in an awkward position.
- Bending the wrist during sleep.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Kathleen Romito, MD - Family Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Herbert von Schroeder, MD, MSc, FRCSC - Hand and Microvascular Surgery|
|Last Revised||October 2, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: October 2, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Kathleen Romito, MD - Family Medicine|
Herbert von Schroeder, MD, MSc, FRCSC - Hand and Microvascular Surgery
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.