- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Chronic Kidney Disease: Immunizations You Need
Immunizations can protect you from other diseases when you have chronic kidney disease. These immunizations include:
- Pneumococcal pneumonia causes serious illness and death among people who have a high risk for this type of infection, such as dialysis patients. Vaccinations are recommended for anyone with chronic kidney disease.
- The flu (influenza) vaccine is the most effective way to reduce complications related to the flu. Have a yearly flu shot if you have chronic kidney disease.
- Hepatitis B vaccine is a safe and effective way to prevent hepatitis B. Vaccination can help lower your risk for hepatitis B if you are on dialysis.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Anne C. Poinier, MD - Internal Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Mitchell H. Rosner, MD - Nephrology|
|Last Revised||September 15, 2011|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: September 15, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Anne C. Poinier, MD - Internal Medicine|
Mitchell H. Rosner, MD - Nephrology
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.