- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Complementary and Alternative Medicines
Learn about complementary and alternative medicines
Many people use alternative treatments along with traditional medical care. Complementary treatment, like herbal remedies or yoga, focus on your overall health and may help you feel better. But it's important to discuss any treatments with your doctor and to make sure that alternative treatments don't replace traditional medical care. Explore our topics to see if these treatments are right for you.
Learn the many types of complementary and alternative medicines with topics such as:
- Massage Therapy.
- Dietary Supplements (Herbal Medicines and Natural Products).
- Naturopathic Medicine.
- Stress Management: Doing Progressive Muscle Relaxation.
- Complementary Medicine: Should I Use Complementary Medicine?
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: August 24, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Adam Husney, MD - Family Medicine|
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.