- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Complicated Urinary Tract Infections
Several factors determine whether you have a complicated urinary tract infection. These include:
- A high temperature [greater than 101°F (38.3°C)].
- Ongoing nausea, vomiting, and chills.
- Being younger than 18 or older than 65.
- An impaired immune system.
- Symptoms that last longer than 7 days, or a recent UTI.
- Urinary tract blockage or kidney stones.
- An enlarged prostate.
- An improperly formed urinary tract.
- Your condition getting worse in spite of doctor-directed home treatment.
- Having a catheter in place.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Avery L. Seifert, MD - Urology|
|Last Revised||May 16, 2011|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: May 16, 2011|
|Medical Review:||E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine|
Avery L. Seifert, MD - Urology
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.