- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Cost-Saving Tips for Glaucoma Medicines
The following tips can help reduce the cost of medicine needed to treat your glaucoma:
- Ask your doctor about the cost of each of your medicines. Talk with your doctor about whether there are less expensive choices you can use.
- Some glaucoma medicines come in a measured-dose dispenser. This makes each dose the same size so that no medicine is wasted. This not only saves you money but increases the effectiveness of treatment and reduces the chances of side effects.
- Shop around. Go to different pharmacies and find out which ones offer the best prices. Also, check mail-order pharmacy services.
- Buy eyedrop medicines in larger bottles. Some brands have only small (5 mL) bottles, while others are available in larger (15 mL) bottles, which cost less per drop.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Kathleen Romito, MD - Family Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Christopher J. Rudnisky, MD, MPH, FRCSC - Ophthalmology|
|Last Revised||May 25, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: May 25, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Kathleen Romito, MD - Family Medicine|
Christopher J. Rudnisky, MD, MPH, FRCSC - Ophthalmology
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.