- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
DASH Diet Sample Menu
DASH is an eating plan that can help lower your blood pressure. DASH stands for Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension. Hypertension is high blood pressure.
For more information on the DASH diet, see High Blood Pressure: Using the DASH Diet.
Here is a sample menu for the DASH diet. It is based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
- 1 cup corn flakes with 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 8 ounces low-fat milk
- ½ banana
- 1 slice whole wheat toast
- 1 tablespoon jelly
- 4 ounces orange juice
- 2 ounces sliced turkey
- 1 pita bread
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- Raw vegetables: 3 or 4 carrot sticks, celery sticks, radishes, 2 loose lettuce leaves
- ½ cup fruit cocktail
- 1/4 cup dried apricots
- 1 graham cracker
- 1/3 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup flavored low-fat yogurt
- 3 ounces grilled salmon
- 1 cup scallion rice
- 1 cup steamed broccoli
- Spinach salad with 1 cup raw spinach, 2 cherry tomatoes, 2 cucumber slices
- 1 tablespoon light Italian dressing
- 8 ounces low-fat chocolate milk
|Primary Medical Reviewer||E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Rhonda O'Brien, MS, RD, CDE - Certified Diabetes Educator|
|Last Revised||November 12, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: November 12, 2012|
|Medical Review:||E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine|
Rhonda O'Brien, MS, RD, CDE - Certified Diabetes Educator
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.