- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Diagnostic Arthroscopy for Temporomandibular Disorders
Arthroscopy may be used to diagnose a temporomandibular disorder (TMD) when:
- The source of the symptoms can't be identified with other tests and other treatment has not relieved pain.
- Before surgery a surgeon needs to confirm the diagnosis of a joint problem.
- In order to make a diagnosis a doctor needs to see how the joint moves.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Adam Husney, MD - Family Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Arden Christen, DDS, MSD, MA, FACD - Dentistry|
|Last Revised||January 11, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: January 11, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Adam Husney, MD - Family Medicine|
Arden Christen, DDS, MSD, MA, FACD - Dentistry
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.