- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Erection Problems: Questions Your Doctor May Ask
Your doctor may ask questions about the type of erection problem (erectile dysfunction) you have. Examples include:
- Have you started taking any new medicines recently?
- Do you feel depressed or have a low mood or trouble sleeping?
- Are you having any difficulty or stress in your relationship or marriage?
- Did the erection problem start suddenly?
- How long have you been having erection problems?
- When do you have erections, what are they like, and how long do they last?
- What kind of erections do you have when masturbating?
- Do you have erections in the morning or during the night?
- Have you noticed a change in your desire or sexual interest?
- Have you noticed changes in your orgasms or ejaculation?
- Have you ever had any damage to your pelvic area (including surgery or radiation)?
- Do you have heart disease, vascular disease, or diabetes? Have you ever had a stroke?
- Are you having tremors, large changes in how much you weigh, diarrhea or constipation, or are you suddenly very sensitive to hot or cold temperatures?
- Do you have headaches or problems with your peripheral vision?
- Do you smoke cigarettes?
- Do you drink alcohol? If yes, how much?
- Do you have burning when you urinate or blood in your urine?
- What expectations and motivations affect both you and your partner?
|Primary Medical Reviewer||E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Christopher G. Wood, MD, FACS - Urology, Oncology|
|Last Revised||May 14, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: May 14, 2012|
|Medical Review:||E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine|
Christopher G. Wood, MD, FACS - Urology, Oncology
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.