- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Exercises for Arm and Wrist
Your doctor can give you information about exercises for building flexibility and strength in your hand, wrist, and arm.
Exercises for flexibility may include:
- Rotating your wrist up, down, and from side to side.
- Stretching your fingers far apart, then relaxing them, then stretching them again.
- Stretching your thumb by pulling it back gently, holding it, and then releasing it.
Exercises to increase strength may include:
- Squeezing a rubber ball.
- Wrist curls and extensions with a light weight.
If any exercise or motion causes pain or swelling, stop that exercise, or reduce the intensity or amount of motion.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Kathleen Romito, MD - Family Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Herbert von Schroeder, MD, MSc, FRCSC - Hand and Microvascular Surgery|
|Last Revised||October 2, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: October 2, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Kathleen Romito, MD - Family Medicine|
Herbert von Schroeder, MD, MSc, FRCSC - Hand and Microvascular Surgery
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.