- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Eye Injury: First Aid for Minor Cuts
- Apply a clean bandage or cloth. Use a sterile bandage if you have one. If you don't have one, use a clean bandage or cloth. Don't use fluffy cotton bandages around the eye that could come apart and stick to the eye.
- Apply light pressure to a very minor skin cut near the eye to stop the bleeding. Do not apply any pressure to the eyeball. See how to clean a cut.
- If the cut is more than very minor or if you are concerned, have the cut evaluated by a health professional.
Note: A small cut on the inner eyelid may damage tear ducts and should be evaluated.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine|
|Last Revised||November 2, 2011|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: November 2, 2011|
|Medical Review:||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.