- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Fatigue During Pregnancy
Most women struggle with fatigue during pregnancy, especially during the first and third trimesters. During the first trimester, your body is supporting dynamic fetal growth and producing higher levels of progesterone, which has been linked to increased tiredness. If you're like many women, you'll feel more energy during most of your second trimester. Later in pregnancy, though, the physical demands of carrying a larger fetus, combined with disrupted sleep, can wear you out.
To manage fatigue during pregnancy:
- Try to take frequent rest breaks during the day.
- Scale back on nonessential activities and responsibilities.
- Get regular exercise—get outside, take walks, keep your blood moving with your favorite workout. If you don't have your usual energy, don't push it.
- Eat a balanced diet, and drink plenty of water.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Sarah Marshall, MD - Family Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Kirtly Jones, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|Last Revised||July 23, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: July 23, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Sarah Marshall, MD - Family Medicine|
Kirtly Jones, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.