- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Fit Physical Activity Into the Workplace
Many people feel that their work schedules do not allow them time to become more physically active. But activity can be fit into many workplace situations. For example:
- Use your morning commute to get in some extra walking. Park several blocks away or get off the bus a few stops earlier. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, at least for a few floors.
- Suggest holding meetings with colleagues during a walk inside or outside the building.
- Try a "squeeze ball" to flex and tone hands and arms. It helps release tension from stress as well.
- Go the extra distance when possible. Get your coffee on another floor (take the stairs), or use the restroom that's the longest distance from your office.
- Stand and do simple stretches while making phone calls. A speakerphone may help.
- If you need to speak to a colleague, walk to that person's office rather than using email or the phone.
- Use your lunch hour for a workout: Go to the gym or take a brisk walk, jog, or bike ride. Don't skip lunch. Eat it at your desk while checking your mail or listening to phone messages.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Heather Chambliss, PhD - Exercise Science|
|Last Revised||October 25, 2011|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: October 25, 2011|
|Medical Review:||E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine|
Heather Chambliss, PhD - Exercise Science
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.