- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Fitness: Adding Variety to Your Exercise
Adding variety to a fitness program is a good way to keep motivated.
- Vary the activity. Many activities can be used to vary your aerobic, muscle-conditioning, and flexibility programs. If you are getting bored with walking, try swimming or an aerobics class. If you are bored with your muscle-strengthening exercises, try doing more gardening instead. Or try using different weight machines or hand weights for different exercise. For some ideas, see pictures of some weight exercises.
- Vary the place. Try a new route for walking or biking or even a different room for your exercises or stretching. By having several options, you can pick one that suits your mood or schedule.
- Vary the time. Do your exercises at different times and for different amounts of time. If you become bored with your noon walk, try exercising in the early morning or after work or school. Instead of doing one 45-minute session, do three 15-minute sessions.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Heather Chambliss, PhD - Exercise Science|
|Last Revised||October 26, 2011|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: October 26, 2011|
|Medical Review:||E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine|
Heather Chambliss, PhD - Exercise Science
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.