- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Foods High in Oxalate
Oxalate is a compound found in some foods, and it is also produced as a waste product by the body. It exits the body through the urine. Too much oxalate may cause kidney stones in some people.
Foods high in oxalate include:
- Dark green vegetables, such as spinach.
- Soda (cola).
- Sweet potatoes.
- Wheat bran.
- Kidney Stones
- Kidney Stones: Preventing Kidney Stones Through Diet
- Medical History and Physical Exam for Kidney Stones
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Anne C. Poinier, MD - Internal Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Tushar J. Vachharajani, MD, FASN, FACP - Nephrology|
|Last Revised||April 28, 2011|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: April 28, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Anne C. Poinier, MD - Internal Medicine|
Tushar J. Vachharajani, MD, FASN, FACP - Nephrology
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.