- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Foot odor is common when you wear shoes that don't "breathe." Usually, if you take off your shoes, wash your feet, and put on clean socks, the odor goes away. Occasionally the problem continues despite your efforts to get rid of the odor. Persistent odor may mean a:
- Bacterial infection has developed. Prescription medicine may be needed to clear up the problem.
- Fungal infection has developed. Athlete's foot is a common infection that usually causes a slight odor.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine|
|Last Revised||October 1, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: October 1, 2012|
|Medical Review:||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.