- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Getting Help Around the House
If pain is starting to get you down, let people know when you need a helping hand. Get family members or friends to help out with physical tasks you can't do right now. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Divide up household chores. You take the "mental" chores, like balancing the checkbook. Give "physical" chores, like cleaning the floor, to others.
- Do you have a skill you can trade? Use it to "pay" a friend to do some housecleaning or yard work for you.
- Children can learn a lot about gardening by doing small yard chores while you watch.
- Your community may have annual events to help homeowners with raking leaves in the fall or painting the house. Check your city's website or the local newspaper, and sign up to get this help.
- Your church may have volunteers to help people in their homes.
Friends and relatives often want to help but don't know what to do. Let them know what you need. It will make them happy and help you out.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Robert B. Keller, MD - Orthopedics|
|Last Revised||December 14, 2011|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: December 14, 2011|
|Medical Review:||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
Robert B. Keller, MD - Orthopedics
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.