- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Hepatitis B Viral DNA
- You are contagious when HBV DNA is present. The higher the level of HBV DNA, the more contagious you are.
- If you have a long-term (chronic) HBV infection, the presence of high levels of viral DNA means that you are at increased risk for liver damage and may want to consider treatment with medicines.
- Testing for the amount of HBV DNA (viral load) is an important way to monitor the effectiveness of treatment for chronic HBV infection.
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis B Treatment Recommendations
- Interferons for Chronic Hepatitis B
- Nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors (NRTIs) for Chronic Hepatitis B
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Kathleen Romito, MD - Family Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||W. Thomas London, MD - Hepatology|
|Last Revised||October 29, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: October 29, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Kathleen Romito, MD - Family Medicine|
W. Thomas London, MD - Hepatology
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.