- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
HIV Symptoms in Children
HIV may be suspected in a child who has:
- Delays in growth or development.
- Enlargement of the liver and spleen.
- Persistent yeast infection of the mouth (thrush).
- Recurrent bacterial infections.
- Swollen lymph nodes in the neck, armpits, and groin.
These symptoms that may result from an HIV infection also can be caused by other illnesses.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Peter Shalit, MD, PhD - Internal Medicine|
|Last Revised||April 5, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: April 5, 2012|
|Medical Review:||E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine|
Peter Shalit, MD, PhD - Internal Medicine
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.