- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Hives: Home Treatment
You may be able to relieve itching or hives by:
- Avoiding further contact with whatever you suspect is causing the hives.
- Using a cool washcloth to help relieve itching.
- Not using strong soaps, detergents, and other chemicals, which can make itching worse.
- Taking an
antihistamine, such as Benadryl or Chlor-Trimeton, to
help treat the hives and relieve itching.
- Read and follow any warnings on the label.
- Don't give antihistamines to your child unless you've checked with the doctor first.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine|
|Last Revised||April 29, 2011|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: April 29, 2011|
|Medical Review:||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.