- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
How to Transport a Piece of Tongue
Follow these steps to transport a piece of severed tongue:
- Wrap the piece of tongue in a clean cloth or sterile gauze, if available.
- Put the wrapped piece of tongue in a bag of ice to keep it cool. Do not put the tongue directly on the ice. Do not immerse the tongue in ice water.
- Go to the emergency room right away. Be sure to take the bag with you.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||David Messenger, MD|
|Last Revised||July 20, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: July 20, 2012|
|Medical Review:||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
David Messenger, MD
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.